Friday, November 23, 2012

Welcome to Fat Wes

Hello world and welcome to Fat Wes.  This blog over the next few weeks and months will document my struggle to lose weight.

Currently I weigh about 110 kgs, or 243 lbs ... either way a lot, and I'm no longer happy about it.  I am no longer happy when I look in the mirror and see what I see and things need to change now!

My Weight Loss Goals

My ultimate goal is to weigh 80 kgs (176 lbs).  To help me get there I have 5 mini goals to help me achieve this;

1.  Set small weight loss goals ... 1st goal is to get under 100kgs, then 90kgs etc.
2.  Move more ... I have an office job and I sit down to much at both work and home ... this needs to change.
3.  Drink more water ..... seriously Wes ... drink more water!
4.  Share what I know ... sharing is caring and if I can make a small difference in someone else's life along the way, then great!
5.  Positively reward myself ... ie., as I achieve my goals, reward myself with something nice (but not food and especially not chocolate ...... mmmmm chocolate .... )

Life is all about choices and I choose life .... I want to be a fitter and healthier version of me.  I want to be a better husband to my beautiful wife and a better Dad to my amazing kids.

The journey begins now!  I hope you can come along for the ride. If so, follow my journey through the blog, on Facebook, Twitter and soon YouTube!

Thanks for your support.

Wes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting :)