Monday, November 26, 2012

Exercise

I'm not really sure about exercise.  I know I need to do it, but to be honest - I hate it!  What possible enjoyment can someone get from "pumping iron"? I don't mind a walk ... you know ... from point A to point B, but that's about it.

I go swimming when I'm hot, I ride a bike when I need to get there quicker than walking - don't get me started about treadmills ... Let's face it ... I just hate exercise!

Now that I have had my little dummy spit and rant.  I have decided to adopt the Nike motto

.... JUST DO IT! .....

I may not like it ... but I need to just do it ... If I am to get fit an healthy it is simply unavoidable and essential particularly if I want to become a fat burning machine!  So what's the plan I hear you say;


Step 1:  Start moving ... walking daily for at least 30 minutes (probably of an afternoon).

This is hard for me which I know sounds ridiculous.  You see I am up at 5.30am feeding my boys breakfast, ironing clothes, having showers and generally getting ready to go to work.  At work I need to  look professional and there is no way I can duck out to work, shower and be back in my work clothes, then I get hom, usually at 6.00pm just in time to bath the kids, make the family dinner and get the household ready for bed ... then I drop from exhaustion ..... WOW ... how good am I at coming up with excuses ... Like I said at the beginning .... JUST DO IT Wes!!!! Fit it in, you're worth it and it will save your life!!!


Step 2:  Get Wet .... I have a pool, use it at least every second day!

I don't mind a dip when it's hot so maybe I should convert a casual dip into a bit of a more vigorous swim ... time will tell.


Step 3:  Embed Steps 1 and 2 into my normal routine

I have come to a conclusion that the only real way to lose weight is not fad diets (even though I am on one) but is to have a long term routine that make a lasting change and a lasting difference ... Obviously there is no point going through all the sacrifice, just to go back to old habits as soon as the official dieting period ends.


Step 1 starts tonight when I'm home from work so I will let you know how that little adventure goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting :)